Gift Planning Training Opportunities: A wonderful way to give thanks to God and to serve the ministry of your parish is to offer financial gifts through bequests and annuities. If your parish would like to learn more about how to encourage generous giving through Legacy gifts please consider.
- Leave a Legacy Workshop: Thursday May 30th at St. Lawrence College in Kingston Leave a legacy Kingston is offering an excellent basic level training for charities. It will be an excellent opportunity for wardens, clergy, parish council members and other leaders to learn about how to introduce legacy giving in parishes. For a poster with details see attachment
- The Venerable John Robertson Senior Gift Planning Officer General Synod: We are very fortunate to have Archdeacon John Robertson who has extensive experience and is always keen to help parishes implement Gift Planning ministries. He is eager to visit parish councils, speak at Sunday services or offer workshops. You may contact him at his home study phone, 613.384.5608 toll-free number at Church House, 1.888.439.GIFT or 1.888.439.4438. His e-mail address is
Please find attached the updated Diocesan Prayer Calendar May 12th - September 1st 2013
Thank you for your prayers.
Stewardship and Congregational Development Office
Here for you and your parish
These are some of the services and programs we offer:
· Screening in Faith: We provide training and support to parishes to help them implement
this important and mandatory ministry. We conduct Sexual Misconduct Awareness
workshops as well as Awareness Training and Elder Abuse workshops.
· National Church Development (NCD): We coach parishes in planning based on this
faithful, practical paradigm for understanding and nurturing church health and growth.
· Stewardship Education and Program implementation: We provide hands-on support
for parishes seeking to develop or improve their year- round stewardship education. This
includes support with producing narrative budgets and other printed materials.
· Festival of Thanksgiving: We coach parishes through this celebratory 4−6 week
stewardship program, inviting congregations to respond generously with time, talent and
treasure in thanksgiving for God’s many blessings. We also recommend and support
parishes in other similar ministries.
· Spiritual Gift workshops: We lead parishes in retreats that help people to recognize and
use their gifts joyfully in service of God’s church and mission.
· Gift Planning: We organize and lead sessions that encourage and facilitate people to be
able to offer financial gifts to God through legacy-giving.
· Parish retreats, Sunday preaching, planning: We visit parishes and lead congregations
or smaller parish groups such as parish councils in retreats or planning sessions that will
facilitate congregational health. Rev. Canon David Smith, Stewardship and
Congregational Development Co-ordinator, enjoys preaching on Sundays and spending
time with congregations.
· Parish and diocesan workshops on a variety of congregational topics: We provide
regular training sessions for the enrichment of parish life on such topics as: Becoming a
welcoming parish; Introducing and encouraging spiritual disciplines; Strengthening
music ministries; Engaging young adults and families; Supporting and training parish
leadership; Continuing education for clergy, youth and children ministries; Stewardship
education. We are always pleased to offer “custom” training to meet the needs of your
Come and chat! Our door is open.
Rev. Canon David Smith
Co-ordinator, Stewardship and Congregational Development
The Diocese of Ontario
90 Johnson Street
Kingston, ON K7L 1X7
613-544-4774 ext. 132